Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last days of summer



I took the pictures of Makana in the window one day when I came downstairs and found her like this, "talking on the phone." I can't believe summer is over and school has started. I am very busy at the new school trying to stay on track with all my new responsibilities. Weekends are great since I get to spend all day with Makana. She still says she doesn't like school, but seems to be having a great time there when we come to pick her up. She is taking dance classes there on Fridays and enjoys that. One day she tried out the extra art class and created this "Siamese Cat" we may add art classes later. We also decided not to take Chinese class this year. They want her to attend without mom and adding a 6th day of leaving her crying just was more than we could take. I don't want her to end up hating Chinese class! She is growing like crazy and learning to write numbers and letters at school this year. She says the most amazing things like asking me about her dinner at a restaurant, "But who accomplished this?" I think she was asking who made it, but how did she know the word? And though not used exactly appropriately, she knows the meaning!

No comments: