Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Introduction


I finally decided to start a blog, I thought it would be a good way to share photos with family and friends and also a way for Makana to learn about her early childhood. We adopted Makana from the People's Republic of China in 2005. We travelled in October of that month to Jiangxi province to meet our beautiful daughter and brought her home to Aurora, Colorado. She is now 2 and half which she will proudly tell you. She will also be happy to tell you that she is "from China" and that she is going to get "babysister." Makana is a happy, talkative, bright child who loves to play in her kitchen. She is currently in her room changing clothes, I just hope she gets them all back in the drawer so I don't have to do more laundry. Here are a few funny things she has said lately:


Made her father sit in the bed room and told him he is "not allowed to talk"

Told me, her mom, that I needed to go back and "watch TV"

She loves "her songs" in the car and makes me play them every time we go somewhere, by the way, her songs are by Laurie Berkner.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely photos! welcome to the (addicting) world of blogging!

kitchu said...

Kristin... so glad you are doing this, welcome to Blogland!

I'll be adding you to my bloglines so I can be alerted when you've posted...

and Janelle is right ,it gets addicting!

Snowflowers Mum said...

welcome to the cult!

oooh, I'm glad you like Laurie Berkner...I want to poke my eyes out every time I hear her!

We also get the "no you sit here, and be quiet while I talk to you...are you listening?" gee I wonder where that comes from?

Hayley